Development of the institution capacity in SME Finance
Project Context and Description
As part of an international consortium, AMEF Consulting has been retained by the German Development Bank KFW, to support 4 Tunisian banks and 3 Tunisian leasing companies in the development of financing for VSMEs.
A line of credit of up to EUR 140 million has been made available to these seven partner financial institutions (PFI) to promote access to finance for this market segment.
The credit line is accompanied by a technical assistance program structured around three components:
- Component 1: “Technical assistance to PFIs”
- Component 2: “Technical assistance to the Central Bank of Tunisia (BCT) in the management of the credit line”
Component 3: “Non-financial services to VSMEs”
Work Done by AMEF Consulting
- Participation in the coordination of the entire program
- Diagnosis of IFPs and the organization of the VSE-SME segment for the definition of the various projects to be implemented as part of this support measure
- Market study and proposal of a positioning and a development strategy on the VSE-SME segment
- Review and development of the methodology for evaluating loans to VSEs and SMEs (methodology based on cash flows)
- Review and improvement of financing and credit recovery processes
- Determination of a marketing strategy and operational plan, including Digital Marketing, and of the commercial approach for the VSE / SME segment
- Support for the definition and implementation of Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS) in accordance with international standards
- Development of asset / liability management (ALM) and its tools, and the establishment of an ALCO committee
- Diagnosis of information systems (IS)
- Support for the management of the KfW credit line and preparation of its reporting.