Development of Institutional Financing Capacities for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3 Retail Banks
2016 - 2018
Project Context and Description
In addition to a 50-million-euro line of credit granted by the German development bank KfW to 3 Tunisian banks, a technical assistance facility has been allocated to develop their institutional capacity to finance micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
In this context and in association with a European partner firm, AMEF Consulting has contributed to the development of the approach and tools for financing MSMEs, by mobilizing a team of six consultants on this project.
Work Done by AMEF Consulting
- Institutional diagnosis of the strategy, organization, and lending process to MSMEs to stop a bank-by-bank technical assistance plan
- Defining and implementing a methodology and framework for analysis and funding for MSMEs, based on qualitative analysis and cash flows
- Support for the implementation of the methodology and credit framework in a pilot phase covering several agencies
- Study of the offer of financing of all types to MSME in Tunisia
- Support for a quantitative study of the TPME market involving a field survey of a sample of 450 MSMEs
- Support for the development of a CSR approach in the credit-granting process
- Support for the development of value chain financing in the agriculture sector
- Animation of several trainings for sales teams and credit analysts of pilot agencies
- Tracking and piloting achievements.