Support for the Establishment of a Renewable Energy Financing Program
Agence Nationale pour la Maîtrise de l'Energie (ANME)
2017 - 2020
Project Context and Description
As part of a Tunisian-German cooperation program and to support the achievement of the objectives of the Tunisian Solar Plan (TSP), ANME (Agence Nationale pour la Maîtrise de l’Energie) is seeking to set up a national pilot scheme for the financing of photovoltaic (PV) installations, for non-residential use and for self-consumption.
In this sense, The GIZ has mandated AMEF Consulting to support the ANME in setting up such a scheme.
Work Done by AMEF Consulting
- Development of the Project Quality Assurance Plan
- Organizing and hosting a national seminar on PV funding for self-consumption and the presentation of the PV funding pilot project defined in previous missions
- On the basis of a proposed PV financing scheme, incorporating a credit line, a guarantee fund, investment bonuses and a technical assistance facility, meetings, and discussions with several international donors to solicit their interest in the PV pilot scheme and support its implementation
- Meetings with banks and leasing operators to get them interested in enrolling in PV as a local financial partner and identifying their technical assistance and training needs
- Organizing a national seminar to launch the PV project funding pilot scheme
- Conduct studies to better define and successfully implement and use the PV pilot device: market research; the opportunity to develop a PV secondary market
- Defining and supporting the implementation of an action plan to promote, raise awareness and communicate on the pilot
- Organization of training sessions for employees of Tunisian financial institutions partners of the PV scheme
- Track the use of the PV funding system and make any recommendations to improve its efficiency and use.