Support for the Development of TPME Financing for an Islamic Bank
Project Context and Description
As part of the African Development Bank’s SME Program, an Islamic bank in Mauritania has benefited from a technical assistance program to support it in financing SMEs in the agriculture, livestock, and fisheries sectors.
In partnership with a European firm, AMEF Consulting has contributed to the implementation of the technical assistance program for the bank, covering several areas: market research, development strategy in the SME segment, Sharia-compliant financing and investment products, financing procedures and financing risk analysis tools, risk management and training.
- Piloting the mission
- Institutional diagnosis of the Islamic bank and the development of the technical assistance action plan
- Organizing focus thematic groups: industrial fishing; artisanal fishing; agriculture and livestock; SMEs
- Study of the SME market, agriculture, livestock, and fishing
- Development of 5 Sharia-compliant products: Ijara, Salem; Mourabaha Istiradia; Istisnaa; Tawfir account
- Developing funding procedures
- Development of credit and liquidity policies
- Elaboration of job cards
- Training on Islamic finance instruments, financing risk analysis and customer relationship management.